A Curated Collection of Fiddle Tunes
Over 200 mostly old-time tunes are provided in this collection of sheet music notation, midi files, and notes that include history on many of the tunes.
• The Tunes Collection is arranged alphabetically by title.
• Click on the blue or gray bar to close or open a list. If you can’t find a tune, use the search box at the top of this page to see if it is listed somewhere else on the site.
• Click a Tune name to download the sheet music for it in .pdf format that you can Print and/or Save.
•Click the to download and save a MIDI file.
Most of the arrangements are simplified and based loosely on the ways I play them, with basic chords. Some fiddlers prefer fancier chords and/or more notes, leading to many an interesting discussion!
PETE SHOWMAN'S TUNE LIST
A – B – CSTG-admin
- Amelia (D; by Bob McQuillen) [3/13/2018] 50 mpm (150 bpm) MIDI (alt. chords in repeats)
- Angeline the Baker (D) [3/1/2018] 90 bpm
- Angelina Baker's Gone (Stephen Foster song, in C) [3/6/2015] 90 bpm
- Angelina Baker's Gone (the same song, in D) [3/6/2015] 90 bpm
- The Arkansas Traveler (D) [6/1/2013] 90 bpm
- Ashokan Farewell (D; Jay Ungar) [7/11/2016] 100 bpm (33 mpm)
- Bacon Rind (G) [7/8/2017] 90 bpm
- Banjo Tramp (D) [8/29/2016] 90 bpm
- Barlow Knife (G) [6/11/2013] 90 bpm
- The Battle of Manassas #1 (aka Battle of Bull Run, Abe’s Retreat, Manassas Junction) (A Dorian) [3/5/2012] 80 bpm
- Been to the East, Been to the West (G) [2/26/2012] 100 bpm The short ‘A’ phrase can be played 4x or 16 bars to equal the ‘B’ (i.e. squared up for dancing, as written here) or, since it’s so repetitive, just played for 8 bars each time around.
- Betty Liken(s) (A Dorian) [11/20/2017] 90 bpm
- Big Bear (Em, by John Arcand) [2/12/2019] 90 bpm
- Big Eyed Rabbit (A) [7/22/2014] 95 bpm
- Big John McNeil (A) [3/21/2018] 90 bpm
- Big Sandy River (A) [10/14/2016] 90 bpm
- Big Scioty / Big Sciota (G) [9/18/2016] 90 bpm
- Big Scioty, The (G; Burl Hammons’ version) [5/18/2017] 90 bpm (2x: once straight, once with extra meas. 21-22)
- Bill Cheatham (A) [11/25/2017] 90 bpm
- Bill Katon’s Tune (Jeff City / Jefferson City) (G) [6/7/2014] 85 bpm (ver. 1) 85 bpm (ver. 2)
- Billy in the Low Land (G) [2/15/2015] 90 bpm
- Billy in the Lowground (C) [9/9/2013] 90 bpm
- Black Hills Waltz (A) [8/13/2018] 150 bpm (50 mpm)
- Blake’s March (G) [12/30/2010] 80 bpm
- Bluewater Hornpipe (aka President Garfield’s Hornpipe) (Bb) [1/28/2013] 50 bpm 80 bpm
- Boatin’ Up Sandy (E Dorian & A Dorian) [1/30/2013] 80 bpm
- Boatman (aka Boatman Dance) (A) [10/30/2017] 90 bpm
- Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine (D) [6/20/2013] 90 bpm
- Bonaparte’s Retreat (D) [2/25/2012] 100 bpm
- Booth Shot Lincoln (G—mournful, and the usual key at the SB Old-Time Jam) [9/8/2016] 80 bpm
- Booth Shot Lincoln (A—livlier, and the more common key) [9/16/2016] 90 bpm
- Buck Mountain (D) [3/19/2012] 90 bpm
- Bull at the Wagon (A; the slow, syncopated version) [9/21/2015] 70 bpm
- Bully of the Town (C) [7/16/17]] 60 bpm
- Bully of the Town (D) [7/16/17]] 60 bpm
- Campbell’s Farewell to Red Gap (AMix) [7/29/2014] 180 bpm (in 4/4)
- Can You Dance a Tobacco Hill (D) [6/20/2017] 90 bpm, Snake Chapman ver. 90 bpm, David Bragger ver.
- Casey's Reel (D) [9/25/2015] 75 bpm 90 bpm
- Cherokee Shuffle (A) [11/22/2017] 90 bpm
- Chinquapin Hunting (A) [6/10/2013] 84 bpm. Transcribed from this Bruce Molsky / Tatiana Hargreaves performance.
- Cindy (D) [3/23/2012] 90 bpm
- Cold Frosty Morning (Frosty Morning) (A Dorian) [3/6/2012] 90 bpm
- Coleman’s March (D) [7/31/2014] 80 bpm
- Colored Aristocracy (G) [11/25/2017] 90 bpm
- Contradanza de Sonoma (G) [6/25/2017] 174 bpm (58 mpm) MIDI (no Eb chord) 174 bpm (58 mpm) MIDI (with Eb chord)
- Cora Dye (G) [2/12/2019] 90 bpm MIDI
- Cowboy Waltz (D) [1/22/2013] 140 BPM (47 mpm) (See Dave Fox and Will Branch play Cowboy Waltz on YouTube, at 56 mpm)
- Cripple Creek (A) [7/12/2015] plain ver.: 90 bpm fancy ver.: 90 bpm Here’s a YouTube video of the late North Carolina fiddler Tommy Jarrell playing Cripple Creek.
- Cuckoo's Nest (D mix) [9/16/2015] 90 bpm
- Cumberland (by Larry Unger) (Emix) [6/25/2017] 135 bpm (45 mpm) MIDI
- Cumberland Gap (D) [3/5/2015] 90 bpm
D – E – FSTG-admin
- Damon’s Winder (D) [1/9/2014] Fandango ver. (low first), 90 bpm Molsky ver. (high first), 90 bpm
- Dance All Night (G) [8/13/2014] 90 bpm
- Dinah (A) [11/22/2017] 90 bpm
- Devil Ate the Groundhog (G) [7/7/2015] 90 bpm
- Dry and Dusty, ver. 1 and 2 (D) [10/17/2017] Ver. 1, 90 bpm Ver. 2, 90 bpm
- Duck River (John Salyer ver.) (D) [6/10/204] 90 bpm Here’s a sample of John Salyer playing Duck River (pitch-corrected, slowed from 120 to 90 bpm, click pick-up added). The full recording is at John Lamancusa’s website.
- Ducks on the Millpond (D; 2 versions) [3/20/2014] Emmett Lundy version: 80 bpm 100 bpm. Hear the original on YouTube. Rayna Gellert version: 80 bpm 100 bpm. Hear or buy Rayna’s 130 BPM version at Amazon.
- Ducks on the Pond (Three versions: Henry Reed (A Dorian), Portland Collection (A Dor.), Fiddler’s Fakebook (A Mixolydian and A Dor.)) [7/25/2014] 90 bpm (Henry Reed) 90 bpm (Portland Coll.) 90 bpm (Fiddler’s Fakebook)
- East Tennessee Blues by Charlie Bowman (C; 2 versions) [1/20/2018] Pete's ver.: 80 bpm Original ver.: 80 bpm Hear how Charlie Bowman played it.
- Eighth of January (Battle of New Orleans) (D) [3/6/2012] 80 bpm
- Elk River Blues (G) [1/28/2018] 75 bpm
- Elzic’s Farewell (A Dorian) [6/14/2014] 80 bpm
- Falls of Richmond (D) [1/13/2014] 80 bpm 100 bpm
- Fisher’s Hornpipe (D; more properly Fishar’s Hornpipe) [3/6/2012] 80 bpm
- Flop Eared Mule (D+A and G+D) [7/22/17]] 90 bpm, D+A ; 90 bpm, G+D
- Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss (Susannah Gal) (D) [3/6/2012] 90 bpm
- Foxtrot Rag by Gordon Stobbe (D+G) [11/5/2017] 85 bpm Hear it Hear it (and Walking Up Down and others) played by Susanna Heystek
G – H – ISTG-admin
- “Gearshift” Polka (Swedish; Polkett e. Bred Paltbro) (G) [4/2/2012] 90 bpm
- The Girl I Left Behind Me (G; 2 versions) [11/21/2018] Ver. 1: 100 bpm Ver. 1: 80 bpm Ver. 2: 90 bpm
- Girl With the Blue Dress On (G) [6/10/2013] 80 bpm
- Goin’ Up Town (Goin’ Uptown) (D) [8/13/2012] 90 bpm
- Golden Slippers (G) [2/12/2019] 90 bpm
- Good Neighbor Waltz (D) [4/24/2017] 150 bpm (50 mpm)
- Goodbye Girls, I’m Going To Boston Square / contra version (G & G Mix.) [2/17/2012] square ver., 100 bpm Crooked version (G Mix.) [8/19/2012] crooked ver., 70 bpm crooked ver., 95 bpmI transcribed the crooked version of Goodbye Girls from Brian Sullivan and Lisa Johnson’s website; they reportedly based it on a recording by Hiram Stamper (Art Stamper’s father). Here’s a discussion of its history.
- Goodbye Liza Jane (D) [2/26/2012] 100 bpm
- Granny (A Mix) [8/20/2014] 90 bpm
- Greasy Coat (A Dorian; 2 versions) [8/3/2014] Pete’s ver., 90 bpm John Chambers’s ver., 90 bpm
- Green Willis (The Raw Recruit) (D) 100 bpm
- Grasshopper Sittin' on a Sweet Potato Vine (D) [8/29/2016] 90 bpm
- Grey Eagle #2 (3 versions, in G & A) [8/10/2017] ver. 1; 90 bpm in G ver. 2; 90 bpm in A ver. 3; 90 bpm in A
- Growling Old Man and Grumbling Old Woman, The (A Dorian & A Mixolydian(+)) [8/8/2017] 90 bpm
- Grubb Springs (A) [2/15/2015] 90 bpm
- Hammares Gånglåt (Swedish) (Dm) [1/29/2013] 75 bpm
- Harrington Valley Two-Step (D; © Calvin Vollrath) [2/23/2015] 90 bpm
- Hobb Dye (G; 2 versions) [2/12/2019] 90 bpm, ver. 1 90 bpm, ver. 2
- Hollow Poplar (G) [3/6/2012] 90 bpm
- Home with the Girls in the Morning (D Dorian) [6/15/2014] 90 bpm
- Hop Kiln Road (G), by John Gregorin [1/9/2014] 100 bpm
- Hungarian Railroad (D) [4/2/2012] 60 bpm (1x) 100 bpm (2.5x) (Den Ungerska Järnvägens Polkett, by Swedish fiddler Magnus Bäkström) Here’s some information about Hungarian Railroad.
- Hunting the Buffalo (A) [4/18/2018] 90 bpm
- Indian Nation ver. 1 (G; 3 parts; from Peter Tommerup) [9/10/2018] 90 bpm
- Indian Nation ver. 2 (G; 2 parts; Philips Collection) [9/10/2018] 90 bpm
- Ingers Brudvals (D) [2/1/2013] 156 bpm (52 mpm)
- Isonville (D) [1/22/2018] South Bay Jam ver., 75 bpm Dock Ison's ver., 75 bpm
J – K – L – MSTG-admin
- Jack of Diamonds (A) [5/14/2018] 140 bpm
- Jaybird (D) [10/6/2015] 90 bpm
- Jefferson and Liberty (A Dorian jig, a.k.a. The Gobby-O) [7/1/16] 100 bpm
- “Jefferson and Liberty Quadrille” (D) (Scottish jig: The Muckin’ o’ Geordie’s Byre) [8/27/2016] 80 bpm
- Jimmy in the Swamp (G, Em) [2/21/2012] 100 bpm
- Jimmy Shank (A) [7/31/2014] 90 bpm
- Johnny Cope (Amix) [8/3/2017] 90 bpm MIDI
- Johnny, Johnny, Don’t Get Drunk (aka Johnny, Johnny, Don’t Come Home Drunk) (D) [2/1/2013] 90 bpm
- Josie Girl (G) [7/19/2016] 90 bpm (From Charlie Acuff)
- Juliann Johnson (D) [3/6/2012] 90 bpm
- June Apple (Amix) [7/4/2016] 90 bpm
- Kansas City Kitty (G) [3/7/2015] 90 bpm
- Katy Bar the Door (Katie Bar the Door) (D) [8/13/2012] 90 bpm
- Kiowa Special (D & Bm) [3/6/2012] 90 bpm
- (The) Kitchen Girl (A Mix. & A Dorian) [3/25/2013] 90 bpm
- Lady of the Lake (A Mix) [7/27/2014] 90 bpm
- Liberty (D) [1/31/2014] 70 bpm MIDI (2x) 90 bpm MIDI (2x)
- Little Billy Wilson (A) [7/31/2014] 90 bpm
- Little Brown Hand (G) [1/11/2014] 85 bpm
- Little Liza Jane (D) [2/11/2012] 100 bpm
- Little Rabbit (A) [9/19/2018] 90 bpm
- Liza Jane (A) [2/24/2012] 100 bpm
- Maggots in the Sheep’s Hide (D) [2/24/2012] 100 bpm Learned from Ann Whitesell at the South Bay Old-Time Jam.
- Magpie (G) [4/2/2012] 90 bpm
- Manitoba's Golden Boy (Andy DeJarlis) (D) [1/18/2019] 110 bpm (2x)
- Merriweather (G) [10/20/2013] 85 bpm
- Miller’s Reel (A and G versions) Traditional version (A) [10/20/2013] traditional ver. in A, 85 bpm traditional ver. in A, 100 bpm J.P. Fraley version (G) [10/20/2013] J.P. Fraley ver. in G, 85 bpm J.P. Fraley ver. in G, 100 bpm I transcribed the J.P. Fraley version from his "Wild Rose of the Mountain" album.
- “The Medley”: Year of Jubilo plus Golden Slippers (D) [11/27/2017] 90 bpm
- Midnight on the Water (Luke Thomasson; D) [3/20/2018] 40 mpm (120 bpm) (optional harmony measures at end)
- Mississippi Palisades (G; Chirps Smith) [8/11/2017] 90 bpm
- Mississippi Sawyer (D) [2/9/2014] 70 bpm 90 bpm
N – 0 – PSTG-admin
- Oklahoma News (D) [8/11/2017] 90 bpm
- Old Chattanooga (G) [8/27/2016] 90 bpm
- Old French (D) [3/13/2018] 90 bpm (as AABB.AA)
- Old Jimmy Sutton (D) [8/20/2012] 100 bpm (3x; 2nd with "vocal")
- Old Joe Clark (Amix) [3/3/2018] Straight Mixolydian ver. (A& G chords): 90 bpm Mixed-mode ver. (A,G& E chords) 90 bpm
- Old Man, Old Woman (The Old Man and the Old Woman) (D (or G)) [1/9/2014] 60 bpm MIDI in D 80 bpm MIDI in D
- Old Piss (D) [6/16/2014] 90 bpm
- Old Sledge (G) [10/22/2017] 90 bpm
- Old Yeller Dog (Old Yellow Dog) (D) [8/3/2017] 90 bpm MIDI
- Ookpik Waltz (G; two versions: Pete's and Frankie Rodgers's original) [11/26/2017] Pete's Ver., 52 mpm (156 bpm) Orig. Ver., 55 bpm (165 bpm)
- Ora Lee (G) [8/6/2017] 75 bpm You can hear fiddler James Bryan and guitarist Norman Blake playing it, from Bob Carlin's 1985 “Banging and Sawing” CD, here on YouTube.
- Over the Waterfall (a basic version) (D) [2/8/2012] 90 bpm (ver. 1) 90 bpm (ver. 2)
- Paddy Won't You Drink Some Cider (ver. 1) (D; as played and sung by the Bucking Mules) [10/23/2017] 90 bpm MIDI, ver. 1
- Paddy Won't You Drink Some Cider (ver. 2) (D; as played at the South Bay Old-Time Jam) [10/23/2017] 90 bpm MIDI, ver. 2
- Peeler Creek (Waltz) (Kenny Hall: Feed Your Babies Onions) (G (& Em)) [5/15/2014] 145 bpm (48 mpm) 120 bpm (40 mpm) You can hear a piece of, or buy, the Skip Gorman & Ron Kane track from which this was transcribed here, or hear another nice version here.
- Pig Ankle Rag (D) [9/6/2012] 80 bpm
- Possum Up a Gum Stump (G) [4/2/2013] 90 bpm
- (The) Possum’s Tail is Bare (D) [7/28/2015] 90 bpm For learning how Melvin Wine played it, here are 8-measure snippets from his 1994 recording: the Verse (A part) and the Chorus (B part), both slowed to about 84 bpm and loopable.
- Puncheon Floor (G) [2/12/2018] 90 bpm
- Purple Lilies Polka (D) [2/24/2015] 90 bpm
Q – RSTG-admin
- Quince Dillion's High-D Reel (D) [11/23/17]] 90 bpm
- Red Apple Rag (G) [2/6/2019] 90 bpm, ver. 1 90 bpm, ver. 2
- Red Haired Boy (Amix; as hornpipe and reel) [9/19/2015] 80 bpm 90 bpm
- Red Prairie Dawn (A; two versions) [5/17/2017] 90 bpm (Garry Harrison's original version) 90 bpm (Laura Carrivick's version, originally in G)
- Red Wing (G; instrumental) [3/20/2016] 90 bpm
- Remember What You Told Me (Am) [8/4/2017] 90 bpm
- Road to California (D) [1/21/2018] 90 bpm
- Roaring River (G) [8/29/2016] 90 bpm Transcribed from this performance by Alabama fiddler Monte Sano Crowder (1914-2012).
- Rocky Mountain (D) [10/9/2017] 90 bpm
- Rose in the Mountain (D) [2/21/2012] 80 bpm Transcribed from a John Salyer recording found on John Lamancusa’s great Tunes website.
- Rose of Alabama (as we play it, in D) [7/9/2016] 90 bpm For reference, the song Rose of Alabama (in G) [7/9/2016] 85 bpm
- Rose of Sharon (A; aka Rosebud Of Allenvale) [4/9/2018] 50 mpm (150 bpm) MIDI
- Rosin the Bow (D or G) [4/3/2013] 90 bpm MIDI in D 90 bpm MIDI in G We’ve usually played it in D at the Monday night jam.
- Round the Horn (G) (by Jay Ungar) [2/6/2019] 90 bpm
- Sadie at the Back Door (Dmix; Jere Canote) [4/16/2013] 90 bpm Transcribed from a performance by Greg Canote (guitar) and Jere Canote (fiddle), which you can see and hear on YouTube (~108 BPM). Here’s a snippet slowed to 85 bpm
- Sail Away Ladies (JP Fraley version, in G) [5/1/2016] 60 bpm 90 bpm Transcribed from JP and Annadeene Fraley's excellent Wild Rose of the Mountain CD, which you can still buy from Amazon. Here's an audio clip; listen for Fraley's drones, double stops and rhythm.
- Sail Away Ladies (Song, D) [5/3/2016] 70 bpm 90 bpm The more common version of Sail Away Ladies, with essentially the same melody as Sally Ann.
- Saint Anne's Reel (D) [7/25/2016] 90 bpm
- Sally Ann (G) [8/3/2014] 90 bpm
- Sally Ann Johnson (D) [10/14/2016] 90 bpm
- Sally Goodin’ (A) [4/23/2012] 90 bpm
- Sally in the Garden (Am/A Dorian) (square and crooked versions) [11/27/2017] Square ver. 80 bpm MIDI Crooked ver. 80 bpm MIDI
- Sandy (Kenny Hall: My Little Dog ...) (D) [11/13/2016] 90 bpm (2x, high/low A part)
- Sandy Boys (A Mix) [8/9/2014] 90 bpm
- Sandy River Belle (G) [7/19/2016] 90 bpm
- Santa Anna’s Retreat (A Dorian) [2/26/2012] 90 bpm
- Sarah Armstrong (D) [6/12/2013] 90 bpm
- Saturday Night Waltz (G) [2/24/2012] 140 bpm
- Seneca Square Dance (G) [11/20/2017] 90 bpm
- Shaking Down the Acorns 1 & 2 (Ador, Amix) [10/21/2017] Version 1: 90 bpm Version 2: 90 bpm
- Shelvin’ Rock (2 versions) (A Mix) [8/15/2014] Version 1: 90 bpm Version 2: 90 bpm
- Shenandoah Falls (A & B Dorian) [3/19/2012] 95 bpm
- (The) Shepherd’s Wife and Star of the County Down (G, Am) [2/28/2013] The Shepherd’s Wife MIDI: 150 bpm (50 mpm) Star of the County Down MIDI: 150 bpm (50 mpm)
- Shoo Fly (D) [3/30/2018] 90 bpm (2x)
- Shoot Two Bits (D) [7/9/2016] 90 bpm
- Shove That Pig’s Foot a Little Further Into the Fire (G) [7/26/2014] 90 bpm
- Snouts and Ears of America (D) [1/9/2014] 70 bpm 90 bpm A Sarah Armstrong tune, arranged by Dave Barton from the playing of Marc Rennard.
- Snow Deer (G) [6/10/2013] 90 bpm
- Snowflake Reel / Snowflake Breakdown (D) [8/14/2012] 75 bpm 100 bpm
- Soldier’s Joy (D; simple and fancy) [10/29/2013] Simple ver.: 70 bpm 90 bpm Fancy ver.: 70 bpm 90 bpm
- Spotted Pony (D) [2/24/2015] 90 bpm
- Squirrel Hunters (AMix) [3/20/2016] 90 bpm Transcribed from a John Hartford performance on youtube; watch his relaxed bowing!
- Step Around Johnny (D) [6/30/14] 90 bpm
- Sugar In My Coffee-O (G) [5/2/2016] 90 bpm Transcribed from a Greg Canote performance on youtube (playing at Walker Creek Music Camp)
- Swinging on a Gate (G) [8/3/2017] 90 bpm MIDI
T – U – V – W – X – Y – ZSTG-admin
- Tennessee Waltz (G) [12/28/14] 120 bpm
- Texas (Amix; 2 versions) [11/20/2017] Ver. 1 (common), 90 bpm Ver. 2 (Henry Reed), 90 bpm
- Texas Barbwire (aka Texas Barbed Wire) (G) [11/13/2016] 90 bpm
- Texas Gals (C) [7/19/2016] 90 bpm (aka Texas Gales)
- Tomahawk (A) [7/18/2016] 90 bpm
- Too Young to Marry (D; aka My Love She's But a Lassie Yet) [2/25/2018] 90 bpm
- Turkey in the Straw (G) [10/20/2017] 90 bpm MIDI
- Valley Forge (D Mix) [2/11/2015] 90 bpm
- Waiting For Nancy (D & D Mix.) [8/22/2012] 90 bpm
- Walkin’ in the Parlor (D) [1/29/2013] 90 bpm
- Walkin’ Up Town (C) [8/13/2012] 90 bpm
- Waltz of the Little Girls (D) [10/17/2017] 135 bpm (45 mpm)
- Washington's March (D) [7/18/2016] 90 bpm (an Edden Hammons tune)
- Westphalia Waltz (G; basic version) [8/31/2010] 156 bpm (52 mpm)
- Whiskey Before Breakfast (2 versions) (D) [8/20/2016] ver. 1 (Pete) 90 bpm ver. 2 (DeJarlis) 90 bpm ver. 2 (DeJarlis) 100 bpm
- Wild Rose of the Mountain (J.P. Fraley) (A Mix.) [2/23/2011] 80 bpm Here’s a YouTube video of J.P. Fraley playing it with Aly Bain for British TV.
- Willafjord (D) [8/8/2017] 80 bpm
- Wind that Shakes the Barley, The (D) [2/11/2018] 90 bpm
- Winder Slide (Joe LaRose) (D) [3/21/2018] 80 bpm
- Woodchopper's Reel (D) [2/12/2018] 60 bpm 90 bpm
- Yew Piney Mountain (Amix) [6/9/2015] 90 bpm
- You Married My Daughter, But Yet You Didn’t (G) [7/31/2014] 90 bpm
Pete Showman has been the dedicated curator of this music collection. Pete has researched, provided notation, alternative keys, and historical details, arrangements and audio files in this extensive collection of music.
Over the years, these tunes have been played at the South Bay Old Time Jam. So, if you bring one of these to the jam, you’re likely to find someone there that also knows it. Learn more about the jam at Showman.org
Free E-books and Sheet Music
Download or print music notation for individual tunes or a complete collection.
These transcriptions are the copyrighted work of Pete Showman and are provided for your personal use only. The are not to be reproduced for distribution, for sale, or any other use or format, including for use on any other website, without the permission of Pete Showman.
202 Fiddle Tunes (.pdf, 1.4mb)
This is a compilation of 202 fiddle tunes, each transcribed with standard music notation by Pete Showman. This is a .pdf file that allows you to search by title, key (for example: “D major”) and many other bits of information. Print the entire e-book or individual pages as sheet music. 202 pages.
202 Fiddle Tunes – Tablet format (.pdf, 1.5mb) This is the same set of 202 tune as described above. The format has reduced margins so the tunes can be viewed for mobile tablet users. 202 pages.
South Bay Old-Time Jam Tunes (.pdf, 2.4mb)
This is an a similar complilation of tunes frequently called at the South Bay Old-Time Jam here in Santa Clara, California. A convenient index is provided listing the title, the key, and the page number where a tune can be located. This document is updated from time to time to include new tunes that are introduced at the jam. Download the complete set or selected tunes as individual sheet music. 206 pages. Last updated 1/15/2018.
60 bpm — This indicate a MIDI file at “60 beats per minute“.
You might also see “mpm” which means “measures per minute“.
MIDIs don’t sound great, but they should help if you learn by ear. A few tunes also have links to audio files or videos of real performances. Of course, you can search most of these on the Web or on YouTube.
This information provided on this page is maintained by Pete Showman. Last updated February 18, 2019
The tunes themselves may be copyrighted by their respective authors or other copyright owners. Tune transcriptions copyright © Pete Showman except as noted. Permission granted to download and print a copy for personal or private instructional use. Please contact me regarding other uses.
If you believe that material on this site violates your copyright or is not properly credited, please contact me at copyright [at] showman.org. Explain what material you feel is a problem, what copyright you hold, if any, what action you are requesting (e.g. removal, or corrected credit), and how best to contact you.